Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2006

A Resting Place

A Resting Place

In this busy, non-stop, must achieve, must do, must be world we live in, it's hard to find a resting place. To rest...to breathe deeply and long...let the mind be still and the heart to slow down...to be at peace within. When I am still and allow my mind to let go of problems, responsablities, disappointments and schedules and notice my shoulders relax, my breathing becomes deeper and my vision finds things I typically miss. Such as a bird on a tree limb, squirrels chasing their tails, a child enjoying a cool popsicle, my husbands blue eyes, my daughters beautiful smile. Gifts that come from resting, looking out.

Writing is a resting place for me. It declogs my insides and allows my brain to breath as it emptys so many thoughts, good and bad.

But physically resting and writing are only temporary respites. My real rest comes from the source of peace...the Lord, Jesus.

1 comment:

Diann Hunt said...

So true! That's the beauty of writing, isn't it, Sue? Journaling is a part of my worship. I can say things on paper that I can't put into words vocally. I think it's that whole age thing where my mind just scatters about. But somehow it's easier to collect my thoughts on paper.